Goodyear was established in 1917. 16,000 Acres of land was purchased by the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company to harvest cotton for vehicle tire threads. In 1940’s It was considered a town on November 19, 1946 with “151 homes and 250 apartments, a grocery store, a barber shop, beauty shop and a gas station.” The major construction of homes and population growth however, started after 1955. Good year is also known for its spring training sessions. Good year ball park opened in 2009 and the Goodyear Centennials, the Arizona League Indians, and the Arizona League Reds play at this baseball field.